Monday, May 26, 2008

I live free because of them

Today is Memorial Day. To some, it's simply a day off from work. To others it's a day for splashing around at the beach and cook-outs. But to all, it's a time for us to remember those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our freedom. I can't imagine what it's like to live in a country without the freedoms that we have. Think about it ~ we can live where we want, travel where we want, worship where and how we want; the list goes on and on.

But the brave members of our armed services aren't the only people making sacrifices. There are husbands, wives, parents, and children on the homefront who miss their loved ones every day. Those families truly understand the meaning of "Memorial Day".

Soldiers and their familes are in my thoughts today; I hope these families can be reunited soon. I yearn for peace times again.

No comments: