Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new Attitude

When I was a young girl I had any number of diaries ~ with each new diary came a promise from myself to write my innermost thoughts on a daily basis...yeah right. The reality...each book contained an average of 2 weeks worth of my innermost thoughts and then I lost interest.

When I began my blog, I also made a promise to myself to post on a daily basis...guess what! Today's blog is yesterday's diary; so it comes as no great surprise that I started off with a bang and then fizzled out. This morning as I checked my normal online "haunts" my mouse pointed to my blog and I took a few minutes to re-read my posts. Then I pondered why I lost interest in posting. I read other blogs daily and am inspired by the dedication of other bloggers to keep posting on a daily basis.

But I had to finally admit to myself that I'm just not gonna post daily - it seems too much like a chore. Then I started thinking about trying to post once a week. "Hmmmm now that might work" I said to myself.

So here it is - my first weekly post.

I'll start off by summarizing what I've been busy with since JANUARY.

  • I entered two paintings in the Arts Alive exhibit at West Point High School. I even got my picture in the local paper!
  • I took off with the West Point Scrapbook Club for our first ever Scrap Retreat in the Outer Banks. I officially began work on my "Heritage Series". So far, I've finished 2 books.
  • Mom and I took off for a week long trip to Texas to see my brother Keith and his family. We took Mom to the Alamo and the Riverwalk in San Antonio for Mother's Day. Keith cooked breakfast and dinner for us. We had a great time.
  • I went to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly, VA with my friends from West Point. We spent the day shopping and finished up with dinner at Lowery's in Tappahanock. It was a long day, but we all had a blast and are already looking forward to next year's convention.
  • My garden has yielded a bumper crop of tomatoes, cukes, squash, zucchini and green beans. I canned and froze a bunch of veggies; with more still growing on the vines. The corn's almost ready too. I also made and canned my own pasta sauce.
  • Keith and the kids are here this week for a visit. Annette's back at the ranch in Texas taking care of all the animals. All the girls are going shopping on Friday. Tonight we all went to Plaza Azteca to celebrate Mom's birthday. Boy am I pooped!

Well, that should catch me up so far. As I have promised myself though the years....while I may not post my innermost thoughts, I will do my best to highlight my week in review in life on the farm! Let's see how far I make it!

No comments: