Monday, August 10, 2009

So far so good!

What a busy week it's been! Keith, Louise and Phillip flew up from Texas for the week. Mom brought everyone over on Sunday for a visit. Keith had only seen our place very briefly a few years ago just after we moved in - I was glad he got to see all the changes we made around here. He took lots of pictures to take home to show Annette. Ira also took off for Danville to visit his daughter and grandsons for a couple of days. I took care of the dogs while he was gone.

Monday was Mom's birthday, so we all went out for dinner at Plaza Azteca. We're a rowdy bunch; I hope the other diners didn't mind too much!

Tuesday Ira came home - he was beat, but glad that he had some one-on-one time with Sam.

Wednesday I took off to Newport News to pick up the gang for lunch and then to shop at the local craft store - we even found a large gem stone for Phillip - he was overjoyed! Louise got her first scrapbook...I think she got the "bug" while looking at everything in my scraproom!

Thursday Mom, Keith and the kids came over for dinner - spaghetti with homemade sauce! Yum! Keith and the kids were intoduced to our Wii games - they were hooked - my guess is that they will have a Wii by the end of the year - Keith really enjoyed the golf!

Friday was all about the girls! Mom and Louise met me, Barbara, Cathy and Carly in Williamsburg for an afternoon of shopping! We picked up a few things and had lunch at Sweet Madeline's.

Saturday I played "catch up". I got some housework done and generally relaxed.

Sunday I blanched and froze corn, canned some tomatoes, planned the menu for the next month, made the commissary shopping list and gathered up my coupons. I finished my day at roughly 11:20PM ; yes, I said PM!

Today we got an early start and took off to Wal-Mart. The temps were expected to be around the 100 mark. This evening I went to the King William Library for my monthly "Art Club" meeting - we even had 2 new people show up!

Now that our company has gone home, we all have gone back to our own respective routines. I've added "update my blog" to my Monday schedule! I've made it for the 2nd week - so far so good!

No comments: